Pearland Family Lawyers
Legal Help for Custody, Support & Other Issues
Every legal challenge is an issue, of course, but family law disputes are especially complex and problematic. Rather than bringing a case against the state or a stranger who hurt you, a family law dispute will have you fighting with a loved one or family member. Before matters get out of hand due to the sensitive nature of the situation, it is important to work with a law firm that can provide much-needed guidance and support.
For the people of Pearland, Hunt Law Firm is the first name to call when in a family law dispute or lawsuit. We are here to explain all of your legal options to you, so you don’t feel rushed to make a quick decision, like digging your heels in or conceding too much. When we are working on your case, we will always do what we can to protect your best interests in matters involving custody, support, and more.
Contact us online or dial (832) 781-0320 to learn more about our family law services in Pearland.
Your Law Firm for Family Law
At Hunt Law Firm, we have built our careers on putting our clients’ needs in center focus. We are here to support you however we can, after all. To make everything easier for you, we have worked diligently to become highly familiar with all sorts of family law cases. You can come to us with your case, no matter its complexities or challenges.
You can count on us for these case types and more:
- Adoption: Do you want to adopt a child privately, through the CPS, or as a stepparent? We would be happy to help you understand your options as an adoptive parent.
- Child custody: Legal and physical custody of your child can’t be a decision left up to chance. Work toward an amicable solution that benefits your child the most with our help.
- Child support: Texas courts want children of divorce to continue to live comfortably when it concludes. Child support orders can be used to make sure that happens by requiring the non-primary custodial spouse to pay the other each month. The payments must be used to benefit the child, though.
- Collaborative law: If you want to avoid going to court for your divorce, collaborative law might be the way to go. This approach to divorce requires you and your spouse to both agree to not go to court but rely on mediation and negotiation instead.
- Child Protective Services (CPS): We know how to deal with interactions with Texas CPS, whether are you a parent responding to a complaint or have to file one against your spouse.
- Divorce: Divorce is a cornerstone of family law. We are here to guide you through the entire divorce process and represent you in and out of court to protect your best interests.
- Father’s rights: Family law courts aren’t supposed to rule based on sex or gender, but many do tend to avoid giving child custody rights to fathers, based on an antiquated idea of family. It would be our honor to make sure that your rights as a father are respected and upheld by the court.
- Grandparent’s rights: Grandparents in Texas have the right to seek custody of their grandchildren if they believe that the child’s parents aren’t fit to safely raise them. You can depend on our firm if you are a grandparent who wants to take care of their grandchild with the court’s backing.
- Mediation: Mediation is used to keep family law disputes out of the courtroom and well away from trials. Talk to us if you would like to explore mediation to end a family law dispute without the typical stress associated with such cases.
- Modifications: A family court order isn’t unchangeable once it is created. In some cases, you can request an order modification if changed life circumstances require it.
- Paternity: You might have to prove that you are the biological father of your child if there is any question about it during a custody or child support case. DNA tests can be used to prove it. We can also work on your case if you are not the biological father but believe that you deserve custody rights over the child’s biological father.
- Protective orders: Do you need a protective order to keep an abusive family member away from you? Come to our law firm right away for urgent legal guidance. We can also work on cases in which someone has been falsely accused of domestic violence and needs defense against an unjustly restrictive protective order.
- Spousal support: The court will sometimes approve of spousal support, spousal maintenance, or alimony orders to keep both ex-spouses financially stable after a divorce or separation. Learn about the steps and issues that you can expect in a spousal support case today.
Solve Your Family Law Disputes Today – Call Now
Hunt Law Firm in Pearland is ready to help you with any family law dispute, lawsuit, or petition. We are highly experienced in all corners of Texas family law, so you know that you can depend on our support and representation. Whether matters can be solved out of court or must go to trial, we will be ready to give it our all on your behalf.
Let’s talk about family law in Pearland. Call (832) 781-0320 now.
Meet Our TeamDedicated to Family Law
Alex Hunt Attorney
R. Melissa Masoom Attorney
Margaret Tucker Attorney
David Adams Attorney
Bri Holcombe Attorney
Liana Dixon Attorney
Kourtney Parker Attorney
Stephanie Melgar Garcia Attorney
Kallie Jones Paralegal, Office Manager
Genevieve Jackson Intake Coordinator
Tiffany Clarkson Legal Secretary, Receptionist
Melissa Tubbs Paralegal
Alexis Bates Paralegal
Tosha Steadman Paralegal
“I found a Law Firm that really cares!”- Cherry
“Right from the initial consultation meeting, to the final signing, the entire staff provided the needed support to accomplish our objectives.”- Kola
“Divorce is a very difficult decision and the process was very emotional for me, but Alex Hunt helped guide me through the process smoothly and professionally.”- Osjetta
Skilled Litigators & Counselors at LawWhat Else Makes Our Firm Unique?
Quick Response Time
You can almost always expect a call back in 24 hours, with most being returned the same day.
One on One Attention
You'll receive personalized attention from our small, boutique firm.
Compassionate & Honest
You'll get an attorney who is compassionate, receptive, and responsive to your needs.
We use technology to reduce costs, including access to an online client portal.