Kourtney was born and raised in the Houston area. She graduated from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and obtained a Bachelor of Arts from Howard University in Washington, DC, with honors.
In law school, Kourtney served as Chief Student Counsel for the VanSickle Family Law Clinic. During this time, Kourtney was able to work on a diverse range of family law cases. Through her work in the legal clinic, she was able to zealously advocate for the rights of her clients, learning how to powerfully but compassionately represent her clients’ interests. It was during this time Kourtney truly discovered her passion for family law.
Kourtney understands that each case is unique, and she approaches every case with a focus on obtaining the best long-term outcome for each client.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- B.A., Howard University (with honors)
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- African-American Lawyers Section
- Houston Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Katy Bar Association
- Family Bar of Fort Bend