Child Custody Lawyers in Katy TX
Leading the Way to a Fair Child Custody Arrangement
If you are seeking to petition for child custody, Hunt Law Firm can provide you with the committed legal guidance you need. Whether you are a mother, father, grandparent, or close relative, our firm can help you protect the well-being of your child.
While custody cases can become complex and emotionally charged, we strive to make the entire process as straightforward as possible. We know how important your children are to you, which is why we are ready to do everything possible to help you maintain an active role in the life of your child or children. Options are always laid out in clear and concise terms, and the client always makes major decisions. Choose to work with a dedicated Katy child custody lawyer at the Hunt Law Firm today.
Don't jeopardize your parental rights.
Contact us now.
Hunt Law Firm is ready to stand at your side from beginning to end.
Establishing & Modifying Child Custody in Texas
In the state of Texas, a court generally decides child custody matters by prioritizing the child's best interests. A court can grant sole physical and legal custody to one parent or joint custody to both parents after considering a number of factors related to the child's best interests.
Factors the court may take into consideration include:
- The desires of the child;
- The emotional and physical needs of the child now and in the future;
- The emotional and physical danger to the child now and in the future;
- The parental abilities of the individuals seeking custody;
- The stability of the home or other proposed placement;
- The acts or omissions of the parent that may indicate that the existing parent-child relationship is not a proper one, etc.
Providing One-on-One Attention
Although it is impossible to predict how a court will decide to rule in your divorce case or Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCR), your chances of obtaining the positive case outcome you desire are enhanced when you seek legal trusted, knowledgeable help. Hunt Law Firm provides you with a results-driven strategy and one-on-one personal attention, from start to finish.
When couples divorce or separate, there are a number of decisions that must be made. Chief among them are the custody (a.k.a. conservatorship) and visitation plans for the children.
Parents have a right to have a committed, ongoing relationship with their children. Hunt Law Firm will listen to the facts of your case, work with you to acquire key evidence, and lay out options in clear and concise terms. Clients always make final decisions about the best path forward. Our attorneys guide clients to the best possible course of action and then do everything in our power, inside and outside the courtroom, to ensure our clients' rights are protected.
Clients choose Hunt Law Firm for many reasons, including the following:
- The firm's small size ensures it is responsive to clients; inquiries receive responses within 24 hours
- Our attorneys are trusted members of the legal community and focus our practice on family law, particularly child custody and divorce
- The firm provides insightful guidance that encourages clients to make informed decisions, especially in critical moments involving young children
- Attorney Alex Hunt has earned many awards for exceptional work on behalf of childrens' rights, including the Napoleon Beazley Defender Award and the Ann Dinsmore Forman Memorial Child Advocacy Award
- The firm provides compassionate and personalized legal counsel to families based on their unique circumstances, needs, goals, and dynamics
Call Hunt Law Firm at (832) 781-0320
Delivering ethical and committed legal representation, Hunt Law Firm is the kind of firm you need at your side as you seek child custody. Our small size allows our attorneys to give each matter the full attention it deserves. Our firm encourages prospective clients to schedule an initial consultation of their case in order to gain a better understanding of their legal options.
We use technology to reduce costs, including access to an online client portal.
Compassionate & Honest
You'll get an attorney who is compassionate, receptive, and responsive to your needs.
One on One Attention
You'll receive personalized attention from our small, boutique firm.
Quick Response Time
You can almost always expect a call back in 24 hours, with most being returned the same day.