Family Law Attorneys in League City
Compassionate, Committed Legal Advocacy Through Life’s Most Challenging Times
Issues related to family law can be quite complex, not to mention emotional for all parties involved. It may make you worried about the future and wellbeing of your family if things like divorce are on the horizon, potentially leading to contentious disputes between you and your ex which may leave you frustrated and disheartened. Some people in your shoes are even willing to cave to their ex’s every demand simply to have the matter over and done with. But if this sounds like your situation, take a deep breath, and consider your legal options before you do that.
At Hunt Law Firm, our League City family law attorneys urge you to meet with a lawyer before you throw in the towel or decide to go without legal representation to settle family law matters. Let our firm thoroughly examine the particulars of your case so you can have a tenacious legal advocate by your side for the hotly disputed or sensitive matters involved. With a skilled attorney by your side, you can have a better shot at determining the best route for a more favorable result in your legal matters.
On This Page:
- What Is Family Law?
- Family Law Cases We Handle
- Benefits of Hiring a Family Lawyer
- We are Solely Focused on Family Law
- Contact Hunt Law Firm Today
- Family Law FAQ
What is Family Law?
Family law is a specific area of law that pertains to family matters, concerns, and regulations. The opposing parties will be more than strangers in some way, such as spouses, family members, or roommates. A family law case will go to a family law court for orders as needed, as opposed to a criminal law court or civil law court. In other words, if a case’s outcome will have a direct impact on your day-to-day or family life, then it probably involves Texas family law.
We Skillfully Navigate Divorce Cases & Other Family Law Cases
Hunt Law Firm has highly experienced family attorneys who have helped many men and women with a variety of family law-related concerns, including:
- Adoption: We provide representation for adoptive parents in court proceedings as well as guidance and support to complete an adoption with as little unnecessary hassle as possible. We help with private adoptions, CPS adoptions, and stepparent adoptions.
- Child custody: Determining which parent will receive legal and physical custody of the children they co-parent is complex and, frequently, emotionally charged. We strive to make the process as straightforward as possible and lay out your options clearly and concisely.
- Child support: Texas has a child support formula to determine how much the providing parent will pay the supported parent per month based on the number of children they co-parent. Contact us to discuss your situation further.
- Collaborative law: This type of divorce is one in which both estranged spouses agree not to go to court, that they will treat each other with respect and courtesy, that they will agree to find mutually beneficial divorce terms, and they will share experts in common.
- Child Protective Services (CPS): Are you dealing with Texas CPS? We can help, whether you are the biological parent, adoptive parent, or a concerned family member. We provide compassionate representation and listen to your goals and objectives.
- Divorce: It is a difficult life decision to make, but can lead to new beginnings. Regardless of the reason you choose to part ways with the person you once loved, our attorneys can help you legally end your marital relationship and protect your best interests and legal rights along the way.
- Father’s rights: Many judges continue to favor mothers in custody battles, regardless of the equal rights mothers and fathers should have on paper. For this reason, you should retain a skilled lawyer who can make sure your case is heard and rights are respected in family court.
- Grandparent’s rights: If your grandchildren are living in an unfit home, you may be able to seek visitation or custody. Our law firm represents grandparents and provides legal counsel tailored to your unique goals focused on your best interests and those of your grandchildren.
- Mediation: If you are involved with a dispute in a family law case, mediation can help you avoid a costly, lengthy litigation process and provide an effective, affordable alternative resolution method. Our firm provides mediation services with trained, neutral third parties.
- Modifications: Our legal counsel can help you navigate family court to order modifications to the terms of your divorce or custody order, especially if circumstances have changed since you and your ex-spouse have parted ways, such as a remarriage or a change in income occurs.
- Paternity: If you are an unmarried father who wants to protect your father’s rights and gain custody or visitation rights, you must first establish that you are the biological father of your children. Our firm can help you with this and the legal complexities that go with it.
- Protective orders: Victims of domestic violence must take immediate action to put an effective stop to the ongoing problem. Our attorneys take domestic violence seriously and will work tirelessly to defend your safety and your legal rights.
- Spousal support: You may be eligible to receive support payments, sometimes called alimony, from your soon-to-be-ex-spouse. Our firm counsels and represents men and women who are eligible to petition a family court for spousal maintenance payments – which is not automatically granted.
- And more
Benefits of Hiring a Family Lawyer
When you enter a family law contest, you want the outcome to be in your favor, of course. But you might also want to reach a conclusion that doesn’t completely disrupt the relationship that you shared with the person on the other side of the case. This is a difficult balance to maintain. Hiring a trusted family lawyer from our firm can help you achieve it, though.
When you hire our League City family law team, you will appreciate that we can:
- Manage all legal paperwork and documents.
- Prevent costly mistakes you could make on your own.
- Guide you through all decisions.
- Answer all your questions.
- Represent you in court.
- Provide emotional and moral support.
- Make the overall process less stressful.
- Help maintain the relationships you want to keep.
We are Solely Focused on Family Law
At Hunt Law Firm, we don’t distract ourselves with many different practice areas as some law firms do. We focus solely on family law and related divorce cases that deal with family law issues. This intentional direction of our practice has allowed us to continually grow our knowledge, insight, and abilities, so we can always high quality and reliable legal services.
Working with Hunt Law Firm, you can expect:
- An attorney’s direct support for your case.
- Responses to most questions within 24 hours.
- Competitive fees to keep our services affordable to more people.
Genuine legal advocacy with honesty and transparency.
Contact Hunt Law Firm Today
To schedule your initial consultation with a trusted League City family law attorney who will advocate for your legal rights, reach out to us at (832) 781-0320 or contact us online today.
Alex Hunt Attorney
R. Melissa Masoom Attorney
Margaret Tucker Attorney
David Adams Attorney
Bri Holcombe Attorney
Liana Dixon Attorney
Kourtney Parker Attorney
Kallie Jones Paralegal, Office Manager
Genevieve Jackson Intake Coordinator
Tiffany Clarkson Legal Secretary, Receptionist
Melissa Tubbs Paralegal
Alexis Bates Paralegal
“They are amazing at keeping their clients updated and being responsible with their clients' finances - I can't recommend them enough!”- Kayla
“Melissa Masoom was great to work with!”- Ashley
“Alex Hunt was MORE than helpful during my MORE than difficult case. My case lasted over a year, and throughout he stayed consistent in answering ALL of my (repetitive at times) questions thoroughly and the best he could.”- Allison
Quick Response Time
You can almost always expect a call back in 24 hours, with most being returned the same day.
One on One Attention
You'll receive personalized attention from our small, boutique firm.
Compassionate & Honest
You'll get an attorney who is compassionate, receptive, and responsive to your needs.
We use technology to reduce costs, including access to an online client portal.