R. Melissa Masoom
R. Melissa Masoom grew up in Queens, New York, before settling in the Houston area, where she attended school. She is a first-generation Bangladeshi-American fluent in Bengali and English. A scholarship and a need to get out of her comfort zone led her to Mount Holyoke College in Western Massachusetts followed by New England Law in Boston where she graduated on the Dean’s List.
After law school, Melissa returned to Houston and has since amassed extensive courtroom experience. Although a litigator by training, Melissa is also a trained mediator with a mediation practice that focuses on helping families avoid the courtroom and maintain control of their family law case.
Melissa has volunteered thousands of pro bono hours at several legal clinics in Texas including Daya Inc., the Montrose Center, and Houston Area Women’s Center. She is passionate about giving a voice to those who need a zealous advocate to attain a just result in court.
Melissa spends her free time with her daughter Raya and husband Bobby, cooking and trying new foods, and listening to true crime podcasts.
- J.D., New England School of Law
- B.A., Mount Holyoke College
- Member, State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association Family Law Section
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association
- Member, Family Bar of Fort Bend
- Member, Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Member, Katy Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar College
Volunteer & Community Work
- Pro Bono Attorney, Daya Inc.
- Pro Bono Attorney, The Montrose Center
- Pro Bono Attorney, Houston Area Women’s Center
- 2020 & 2021, Katy Times’ Best of Katy - Best Law Firm
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine, 2020
- Named Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for 2020-2024