Pearland Divorce Attorneys
Make Sense of Your Divorce – Call Our Firm
When you want to file a divorce petition or are handed divorce papers, everything in your life can feel suddenly confusing. What are you supposed to do next to make sure that your best interests are preserved, and your family life doesn’t completely fall apart? Many law firms will tell you to prepare for a fight because divorce is adversarial by nature, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
At Hunt Law Firm, our divorce lawyers serving Pearland can help you navigate the divorce process with as little stress as possible. We know how to move your case forward without starting fights or intentionally burning bridges. However, if tough litigation will be necessary to end your divorce fairly, then we will be ready for that, too.
On This Page
- Important Aspects of Most Divorces
- Getting You Ready for Divorce
- Why You Should Hire a Divorce Lawyer
- Frequently Asked Questions
Call (832) 781-0320to speak with a divorce attorney about your case today.
During a one-on-one session with your divorce attorney, you can learn more about the ins and outs of divorce. Every divorce case is unique, of course, but there are a few topics and areas of concern that tend to come up often. We would be happy to walk you through each step of your divorce, so you’ll be ready for anything expected and unusual.
Four common yet important aspects in a divorce case include:
- Child custody: If you want to continue to make important decisions about your child’s life and lifestyle, such as medical, educational, and religious choices, then you will have to argue to retain child custody rights.
- Child support: The parent who spends more time with their child after divorce will usually receive monthly child support payments from the other parent. The goal is to make sure that financial changes don’t disrupt the child’s well-being.
- Property division: Community or marital property will need to be split when you divorce. Texas uses equitable community property rules, which means that community property will be divided fairly, which might not be exactly even.
- Spousal support: A court can approve spousal support to help keep the spouse of lesser income financially afloat while the divorce is pending. Afterward, the spousal support could become semi-permanent as spousal maintenance if needed.
When your divorce first begins, everything can seem intimidating. However, as soon as you start to work with our divorce lawyers, we are certain that much of that stress will go away. We are here to help you get ready for divorce early, so nothing takes you by surprise.
When preparing for divorce, you should:
- Open private accounts: Using a joint account shared with your spouse could be a problem while you are divorcing. Consider opening private accounts in your name only.
- Change your passwords: You should change your passwords for any private apps and accounts that shouldn’t be any business of your spouse’s. You never know when someone will try to be less than honest and access accounts that they shouldn’t.
- Get financial documents: Retrieve copies of important financial documents, such as those relating to mortgages, car payments, retirement accounts, and so on. Our attorneys can use those documents to get an early lead in your case.
- Turn off social media: We recommend that you turn off your social media accounts while your divorce is pending. Oversharing on a social media wall could be problematic for your divorce.
As you know, a divorce is stressful from start to finish. How stressful it will be, however, is somewhat up to you. By hiring one of our highly experienced divorce attorneys, you can get immediate access to many different benefits that are sure to make your life easier.
Benefits of hiring a divorce attorney include:
- Legal knowledge: Our attorneys know Texas divorce and family law back and forth, top to bottom. We can act on your behalf, so all our legal experience effectively becomes yours.
- Timesaver: A divorce case can take a few months or longer than a year. Oftentimes, cases take longer because of mistakes that could’ve been avoided, like missing a filing date or forgetting to provide the right documentation. With our attorneys working on your case, we will help you avoid errors, big and small.
- Less stress: As mentioned, stress is part of a divorce. Yet leaving your case in our hands means that you can let us take care of each step, which will reduce the stress you feel.
Ready to Help – Give Us a Call
At Hunt Law Firm, our divorce attorneys deliver personalized legal counsel to the people of Pearland because we know that divorce is personal. You won’t be given a cookie-cutter solution to your divorce. We insist on making sure that you feel heard and seen, so you can be confident that your divorce case is fair to your best interests. Whether we need to go to court for litigation or to the conference room for mediation, we are on your side.
Alex Hunt Attorney
R. Melissa Masoom Attorney
Margaret Tucker Attorney
David Adams Attorney
Bri Holcombe Attorney
Liana Dixon Attorney
Bianca Puente Attorney
Kourtney Parker Attorney
Kallie Jones Paralegal, Office Manager
Genevieve Jackson Intake Coordinator
Tiffany Clarkson Legal Secretary, Receptionist
Melissa Tubbs Paralegal
Alexis Bates Paralegal
“Easy to deal with, straight forward and able to work on a tight deadline.”- Ryan
“Right from the initial consultation meeting, to the final signing, the entire staff provided the needed support to accomplish our objectives.”- Kola
“Hunt law firm is set up to provide the best legal representation through collaboration and sharing of knowledge between their firm's attorneys.”- Bill
Quick Response Time
You can almost always expect a call back in 24 hours, with most being returned the same day.
One on One Attention
You'll receive personalized attention from our small, boutique firm.
Compassionate & Honest
You'll get an attorney who is compassionate, receptive, and responsive to your needs.
We use technology to reduce costs, including access to an online client portal.