Houston Family Lawyers
Solve Family Law Disputes with Legal Help
Family law disputes can put two family members who would move mountains for one another against each other. At Hunt Law Firm in Houston, we strive to make family law cases as stress-free as possible, so you and your family can move forward more easily. We know that the situation can escalate quickly when dealing with matters as sensitive as custody and support, so we encourage you to contact our firm today.
On This Page:
- Why Choose Hunt Law Firm
- Bring Any Family Law Case to Our Firm
- Contact Us Today to Learn More
- Houston Family Law FAQ
Dial (832) 781-0320 to speak with a caring and professional Houston family law attorney.
Why Choose Hunt Law Firm
A family law case is about as personal as a legal situation can get. The legal counsel that you hire to help you should understand as much and take the case to heart. This personalized, sensitive approach is what has made Hunt Law Firm a household name for so many in Houston.
Make Hunt Law Firm your first choice of legal counsel for family law cases for these reasons and more:
- We focus on family law, divorce, and estate planning—three areas of the law that often overlap.
- We have a long list of positive client testimonials that speak of our abilities and compassion.
- We answer nearly every call or email within 24 hours, with most happening in the same day.
- We have a boutique law firm that can handle every aspect of your case.
- We value honesty and transparency in all communications.
- We use technology to reduce operating costs, which we pass on to you with competitive rates.
Bring Any Family Law Case to Our Firm
Hunt Law Firm is the only law firm that you need to know to resolve a family law case or dispute in Houston. Whether you are entering a legal conflict or just need guidance to navigate a complicated family law-related situation, we are here to offer our support, talents, and experience. We will stand by your side and lead the way, no matter what.
Our law firm can help with many different family law cases, such as:
- Adoption: Hunt Law Firm would be happy to help you grow your family through adoption, including private adoptions, CPS-involved adoptions, and stepparent adoptions.
- Child custody: We can help arrange legal and physical custody of your child if you are in a divorce or have already separated. As always, we will pursue the solution that upholds your child’s best interests, just as the court expects.
- Child support: To ensure that your child can still live comfortably and pursue special interests after a divorce or separation, we can help create a reasonable child support plan to present to the court and/or your spouse. Usually, the non-primary custodial spouse pays monthly financial aid to the other, but there can be some variations because child support is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Collaborative law: The concept of collaborative law is togetherness. By agreeing to collaborate with your spouse and making an honest effort to avoid unnecessary conflicts, it might be possible to move through your family law dispute without depending on the court.
- Child Protective Services (CPS): Do you need to file a complaint with Texas CPS? Or has your spouse called CPS on you wrongfully? In either situation, you can depend on us for representation and guidance in this challenging time.
- Divorce: Make sense of the entire divorce process by coming to Hunt Law Firm in Houston. We can help you with all the various family law concerns that go into the average divorce.
- Father’s rights: Texas family law courts are notorious in some parts for favoring mothers for child custody and support issues, even though the law is not supposed to rule based on sex or gender identity. We would be proud to stand up for your rights as a father who could be unfairly overlooked by the court.
- Grandparent’s rights: You don’t lose your right to see your grandchild just because of their parents' divorce. We can fight for grandparents’ visitation rights, as well as custody rights if you believe that your grandchild is living in an unfit or unsafe household.
- Mediation: To keep the court open for important cases, Texas family law judges usually require spouses to use mediation first to solve family law disputes. We can guide you through mediation, just as we can guide you through court cases.
- Modifications: When a family court order isn’t tenable anymore due to a significant change in circumstances, a modification might be acceptable by the court. Bring your modification case to us, and we can figure out the best way to make the petition.
- Paternity: A paternity test can be necessary in a family law case when there are legitimate doubts about who is the biological father of a child, which can come up in child custody and child support cases. Oftentimes, a DNA test is all that is needed to establish paternity. We can help you arrange it and interpret how to use the results, one way or another.
- Protective orders: Hunt Law Firm can react quickly to calls about protective orders. We can help you file for an emergency order to protect you from an abusive spouse or family member. We can also come to your aid quickly if a protective order has been filed against you and you don’t think it is justified.
- Spousal support: If the spouse of lesser income cannot reasonably make ends meet after a divorce, then spousal support can be justified. The same is true if the marriage lasted a long time and the spouse of lesser income came to expect financial support from the other.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
Getting through a family law conflict doesn’t have to be an exhausting experience. With Hunt Law Firm and our Houston family lawyers on your side, you can make sure that you are prepared for anything that could happen in your case. Preparation will make you feel more confident about the future, which, in turn, will make the entire situation less stressful and tiring. You deserve an amicable solution to your case, so please reach out to our firm today.
Please dial (832) 781-0320 if you need any help with a family law case in Houston.
You can almost always expect a call back in 24 hours, with most being returned the same day.
You can always count on receiving personalized attention from our small, boutique firm.
You'll get an attorney who is compassionate, receptive, and responsive to your needs.
We utilize the latest technology to reduce costs, including access to an online client portal.
Mr. Hunt was responsive from the start, replying to my initial inquiry questions on a Sat/Sun. My case had urgency, and the staff got my case started right away. Brittany took time to explain the priority and timelines for information they needed from me.Tammy
Alex Hunt and his team are top notch. I have been using them for over 3 years and can't say enough about their professionalism and quality of work.Wyatt
I found a Law Firm that really cares! From the very first call to set an appointment to the signing of my prepared estate planning docs. I was treated was patience, respect and complete professionalism.Cherry
Melissa Masoom and her team are absolutely wonderful. I’ll be recommending this amazing firm to everyone in the future.Rifath
Right from the initial consultation meeting, to the final signing, the entire staff provided the needed support to accomplish our objectives.Kola
Fantastic, friendly, and efficient service! Did exactly what we needed in a very professional way. Would definitely recommend them for Estate Planning.Fran