Houston Divorce Lawyers
Find an Amicable Way to Dissolve Your Marriage
Don’t get stuck with difficult decisions after starting a divorce. Find the best way forward with the compassionate and experienced legal guidance of Hunt Law Firm and our Houston divorce attorneys. We can help petitioner and respondent spouses from the start of a case to its conclusion. Your best interests become our own as we work on your case and look for an amicable solution that everyone can appreciate.
On This Page:
- Helping with All Parts of Divorce
- How to Prepare for Divorce
- Benefits of Hiring a Divorce Attorney
- Hope for Tomorrow After Divorce – Call Now
- Houston Divorce FAQ
Helping with All Parts of Divorce
Divorce doesn’t have to be overly complicated, but it isn’t always simple, either. The details of your marriage, family life, and even your career can all factor into how to handle your divorce. When you sit down for a one-on-one session with your Houston divorce attorney from our firm, you can learn all about the nuances of divorce and how to handle them.
We would be happy to help you with the following and more:
- Child custody: Most parents want to continue to spend time with and make important decisions for their children after divorce. Indeed, the court will expect both parents to contribute to the livelihood of their children, even if the divorce separates the family by cities, counties, or farther. To retain the right to raise and live with your child, we can help you secure the child custody rights that benefit you and your child.
- Child support: The court will not want to make any decision that hurts your child’s well-being, such as removing them from a financially stable household. Child support is used to make sure that both parents can afford to give their children the happy, healthy life that they deserve. The spouse who spends more time with the child is often the recipient of child support.
- Spousal support: Divorce can be financially devastating to a spouse who does not make a gainful income. Spousal support orders can be used to make sure that the spouse of lesser income can find financial stability, such as through starting a new job, completing a higher education degree, or so on. The amount and duration of spousal support will vary from case to case.
- Property division: Texas uses equitable community property rules when deciding how to split property in a divorce. Under this rule, community property will be divided based on what is fair, which doesn’t guarantee that it will be an even 50-50 split. Community property is generally considered property that you or your spouse attained while married.
How to Prepare for Divorce
One of the first things to know about divorce is that preparing for it can help greatly. Hunt Law Firm and our Houston divorce attorneys are here to make sure that you have as much initial knowledge about divorce as you want.
When you are preparing for a divorce, you should:
- Make private accounts: If you have a joint account with your spouse, then using it while your divorce is pending can cause unexpected problems. To avoid unnecessary conflicts, you should consider opening private accounts for various institutions. For example, you can open a checking account just in your name as long as that doesn’t mix up your community assets.
- Update passwords: You should update the passwords that you use for various online accounts and smartphone apps. Even if your spouse doesn’t use those accounts or apps, it is worth changing your password for heightened cybersecurity. In some unfortunate cases, spouses will sneak into accounts to look for anything that they can use to their advantage in the divorce.
- Collect financial information: Our attorneys will likely need to know about your financial situation to better understand your divorce. For example, it is difficult to argue for a fair amount of spousal support if we don’t know about the income and savings that you and your spouse share. Get copies of financial information for us to review before you get locked out of accounts.
- Stay off social media: Posting the wrong picture or oversharing about your life while you are divorcing can be a problem, especially if your spouse knows to browse your social media walls. To be safe, you should stay off social media as much as you can until your divorce concludes.
Benefits of Hiring a Divorce Attorney
The processes and nature of divorce can make you feel like you’re on your own. We are here to remind you that you’re not. We are never far away when you need moral support and legal guidance.
Hiring our Houston divorce lawyers helps you enjoy these benefits and more:
- All our knowledge of Texas divorce laws and courtroom procedures effectively becomes your own when you hire us and let us act on your behalf.
- You can conclude your divorce sooner than later because we know how to avoid mistakes and errors that otherwise would slow the process down.
- While we are working on everything, you can relax and focus on other parts of your life, which will reduce the overall stress of the divorce.
Hope for Tomorrow After Divorce – Call Now
Let’s talk about how to handle your divorce and see you through this difficult time. Our Houston divorce lawyers from Hunt Law Firm are standing by. We have made a name for ourselves by being genuine people who listen to our clients while remaining trustworthy legal professionals who are up for any challenge.
Alex Hunt Attorney
R. Melissa Masoom Attorney
Margaret Tucker Attorney
David Adams Attorney
Bri Holcombe Attorney
Liana Dixon Attorney
Kourtney Parker Attorney
Stephanie Melgar Garcia Attorney
Kallie Jones Paralegal, Office Manager
Genevieve Jackson Intake Coordinator
Tiffany Clarkson Legal Secretary, Receptionist
Melissa Tubbs Paralegal
Alexis Bates Paralegal
Tosha Steadman Paralegal
Quick Response Time
You can almost always expect a call back in 24 hours, with most being returned the same day.
One on One Attention
You'll receive personalized attention from our small, boutique firm.
Compassionate & Honest
You'll get an attorney who is compassionate, receptive, and responsive to your needs.
We use technology to reduce costs, including access to an online client portal.