Pasadena, TX Divorce Attorneys
Legal Counsel for Any Divorce
When you’ve been handed divorce papers or have decided that you want to end your marriage, the stress can add up quickly. Lower it just as fast by coming to Hunt Law Firm. We are a full team of divorce lawyers and support staff who serve the Pasadena, TX community and can help you with the most complex of divorces and legal separations. Trust in our experience and resources to make your divorce as amicable as possible.
On This Page
- Support During a Divorce or Separation
- Is Your Divorce Contested or Uncontested?
- Grounds for Divorce in Texas
- Why You Should Hire a Divorce Lawyer
- Get Your Divorce Moving Today
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Pasadena divorce attorneys want to show you that divorce doesn’t have to be a completely negative situation. If you aren’t happy in your marriage anymore and can’t see things getting better, then a divorce could be an entirely good thing for your entire family. Yet it is understandable if you are hesitant to end your marriage after years of enjoying it.
When you aren’t certain if divorce is the best solution to an unhappy marriage, talk to us about a legal separation. Often called a “trial divorce,” a legal separation lets you and your spouse agree upon living situations and responsibilities like you would in a divorce but without officially dissolving your marriage. After a year or more in a legal separation, it should be easier for you to decide if you want to proceed with a divorce or if you would like to try to make your marriage work again.
Once your spouse is handed the divorce papers or you have been handed them, your divorce will soon become contested or uncontested. What is the difference between these two types of divorce, and does that difference matter much?
Let us help you understand and handle these two types of divorces:
- Contested: A divorce petition will outline what the petitioner wants to be done in the divorce. If the respondent spouse – the one who is served the divorce papers – doesn’t like every proposed arrangement in the petition, then they will have to reject it. At that point, the divorce is contested. Mediation, negotiation, or litigation will become necessary to solve disagreements.
- Uncontested: If the respondent spouse accepts the proposed arrangements in the divorce petition, then there is no reason to challenge it. At that point, the divorce is uncontested. You shouldn’t sign a divorce petition immediately just because you aren’t contesting it, though. Let our Pasadena divorce lawyers look it over for any discrepancies that you might have missed.
If you are the spouse who is starting the divorce petition, then you will need to list your reason for wanting to file for divorce. In legal terms, the reason is the “grounds” for divorce. Technically, you don’t need to cite a specific reason for divorce. You can just say that you have “irreconcilable differences” or that your marriage is “irreparably broken,” and your divorce petition is legally valid. However, if you have a more specific reason for wanting to end your marriage, then it might be worth mentioning it.
In Texas, recognized grounds for divorce include:
- Abuse or domestic violence
- Lengthy imprisonment
- And more
Confide in our attorneys the reason why you want to file for divorce, and we can see if that reason should be used as grounds in the petition. For example, if your spouse was stealing community finances and using them without your knowledge, then we could use that as the basis of property division arguments in your divorce. The court could agree to award you a larger share of community property during equitable distribution processes to make up for the assets that your spouse has already stolen or misused.
The main benefit of hiring a divorce attorney from Hunt Law Firm is the immediate access to extensive legal knowledge about all things related to divorce and family law in Texas. You don’t have to get a law degree to understand the many steps and processes in your divorce when we are acting on your behalf.
Another reason why so many people come to our firm for help with a divorce is the overall reduction of stress. You can put us in charge of your case, which includes dealing with the opposing counsel, building your case, making sure that you don’t miss any important legal deadlines, and representing you in court. You can keep focusing your energy on other important things in your life while we take care of the entirety of your divorce case.
At Hunt Law Firm, we are known for our:
- Honest representation that strives to earn and keep your trust.
- Comfortable office environment that encourages you to speak freely.
- One-on-one sessions with our attorney to make you feel seen and heard.
- Response times to most inquiries within 24 hours.
- Competitive attorney fees to keep our services affordable to more people.
- Intentional practice focus on divorce and family law—no distractions.
Hunt Law Firm delivers personalized and compassionate divorce services to people throughout Pasadena, Texas. Whether you want to file for divorce or were recently handed divorce papers, we can help you take the next steps. We are committed to holding up your best interests and making your divorce amicable.
For more information about our divorce representation, call (832) 781-0320.
Alex Hunt Attorney
R. Melissa Masoom Attorney
Margaret Tucker Attorney
David Adams Attorney
Bri Holcombe Attorney
Liana Dixon Attorney
Bianca Puente Attorney
Kourtney Parker Attorney
Kallie Jones Paralegal, Office Manager
Genevieve Jackson Intake Coordinator
Tiffany Clarkson Legal Secretary, Receptionist
Melissa Tubbs Paralegal
Alexis Bates Paralegal
“Hunt Law Firm was professional, dedicated, and even compassionate, and I am forever grateful for the services they provided.”- Marcel
“They made a difficult process seem painless.”- Glenn
“Alex Hunt was MORE than helpful during my MORE than difficult case. My case lasted over a year, and throughout he stayed consistent in answering ALL of my (repetitive at times) questions thoroughly and the best he could.”- Allison
Quick Response Time
You can almost always expect a call back in 24 hours, with most being returned the same day.
One on One Attention
You'll receive personalized attention from our small, boutique firm.
Compassionate & Honest
You'll get an attorney who is compassionate, receptive, and responsive to your needs.
We use technology to reduce costs, including access to an online client portal.