Rukhsanda Melissa Masoom grew up in Queens, New York, before finding her way to Deer Park, Texas, where she attended school. She went on to attend Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts.
Melissa decided to equip herself with the tools necessary to affect social change and seek justice for those in need of help. She matriculated at New England School of Law in Boston before returning to Houston, her true home.
After law school, Melissa has amassed extensive courtroom experience, with a focus on a variety of practice areas, including family law, mass tort litigation, and personal injury. She has volunteered thousands of pro bono hours at several legal clinics in Texas including Daya Inc., the Montrose Center, and Houston Area Women’s Center. She is passionate about giving a voice to those who need a zealous advocate to attain a just result in court.
Melissa’s free time is taken up by suspense books, cooking and eating new things, her two demanding cats, and her husband, Bobby.
- J.D., New England School of Law
- B.A., Mount Holyoke College
- Member, State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association Family Law Section
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association
- Named Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for 2020
Volunteer and Community Work
- Pro Bono Attorney, Daya Inc.
- Pro Bono Attorney, The Montrose Center
- Pro Bono Attorney, Houston Area Women’s Center