Katy Paternity Lawyers

Paternity is a crucial component of many areas of the law, from divorce to estate planning. When unmarried couples have a child, it is essential to establish paternity to protect your fathers’ rights.

If you’re trying to establish paternity of your child, call Hunt Law Firm today. Our attorneys are dedicated family law advocates, and work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their family law goals. When you retain Hunt Law Firm, you can expect a Katy family law lawyer who is prepared, knowledgeable, and constantly working in your best interests.

For assistance establishing your paternity, call Hunt Law Firm today at (832) 781-0320.

How to Establish Paternity in Texas

In Texas, there are at least three ways to establish paternity, depending on the relationship between the father and mother. The following are some of the most common examples of how paternity is established:

  • If the parents are married at the time of birth, then the child will be legally presumed to be the father of the child. If the father is someone other than the husband, the husband must typically complete a Denial of Paternity before the biological father will be recognized.
  • If the parents are unmarried, they may sign a notarized Acknowledgement of Paternity (AOP) form. This is a basic and very common form.
  • If you are unsure of paternity, you will need to establish paternity through the courts. This will generally require a scientific genetic paternity test. Establishing paternity through the courts can also be used if the presumed father refuses to sign a Denial of Paternity.

Questions about your paternity case? Contact Hunt Law Firm to schedule your initial consultation.

Contact Hunt Law Firm Today

When dealing with issues as personal as paternity, it’s crucial to retain counsel from a Katy family law lawyer who truly cares about your best interests. You’ll find such counsel at Hunt Law Firm, where our skilled attorneys proudly serve residents of Katy, Houston, and the surrounding areas. For a dedicated legal representative who you can trust, call our firm today at (832) 781-0320.

Involved in a paternity dispute? Call Hunt Law Firm at (832) 781-0320 for dedicated representation.